Re: [TECH] 16v conversion question

At 4:53 PM -0400 8/20/01, Victor Farren wrote:

>Soo, can I just plug the engine management wiring into the 1982
>Rabbit fuse box, or do I need to splice the wiring into Rabbit
>connectors?  I kept the scirocco fuse box as well if that makes a
>difference.

You will have to splice.  It's fairly easy.  You want the entire
engine wiring harness -- it's the one that plugs into the "D" plug of
the Scirocco fuse panel.  There are about 5 wires out of that harness
you need to tie into your existing wiring.

I have been trying to do a tech procedure on how to do this....do you
happen to have a digital camera???

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |