Re: 16 v conversion...HELP!

Victor,
I used my stock 78 fuse box which may be the same as your rabbit or different
depending on where it was built at. The 16V has a different fusebox then both
of them and no the fuse box does not just plug in from the 16V different
plugs. the CIs-E harness will pretty much plug in. you will have to splice in
I believe it was 6 wires for ignition power. If you have the wiring diagram
then it is easy to tell which wires need to be spliced. You can swap out the
whole harness for the 16V harness but this requires removing the dash and the
rest of the harness and is not necessary. The newer style pigtails I am
talking about are the plugs for the instrument cluster. The 78 8I have has
only one connector. Your rabbit has I believe 2 connectors aand is pretty
much a swap in for the cluster.
I have the 16V wiring diagrams if you need them I can copy them or scan them.
I also have the rabbit diagrams as well.
HTH
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V

P.S. the link below shows you how to wire in a knock sensor into a CIS car.
THe wiring is pretty much the same as the 16V just different color wires.
<http://www.volkswagen.org/EngineSwap/Default.htm>