Re: M6 vs. M8 bolt torque rear main seal..

Here's what I was talking about, explained:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:52:10 -0700 "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
writes:
> Peter's tip is a good one.  What he means is: say you are torqueing
> the bolt that is located at 3o'clock, position the wrench across the
> flywheel, so the handle is at the 9 o'clock position.  In other words,
the torque
> wrench should cross the crank center when torqueing.  The only purpose
is
> to minimize the torque effect on the crank, so that it has less
> tendency to turn, that's all.
> Enjoy the ride
>
> LARRY E. FRY ('87 16V)
> Senior Engineering Technician
> GKN Aerospace, Chem-tronics, Inc.
> 1150 W Bradley Ave.
> El Cajon, CA   92022  USA
> Phone: (619) 258-5136
> Fax: (619) 562-1995
> Pager: (619) 682-2860
>
> [Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely
> for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by
legal,
> professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended
> addressee you must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This
E-mail is
> not intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any
legally
> binding obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of
its
> subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace
> Chem-tronics Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies
gives any
> representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
> contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not
> be held liable to any person resulting from the use of any information
> contained in this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts
or omits
> to do anything in reliance upon it.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -Techtonics, Autotech Quaife USA, &
Peloquin Discount Dealer -  Bear, DE

'79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red