Fwd: (kinda long) Re: What's special about an S?

This might help clear up the previous questions about
whether or not an '80 was an "S" or not....

Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
8 VWs & counting.
"I do have a cause though...  it is obscenity.  I'm for it" - Tom Lehrer.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> Nate
> '84 8v

I'll have to do this off the top of my head, as a
particular Rochester NY resident (AHEM) has all of my
Scirocco brochures at the moment.

The S package was, as mentioned, mostly trim.  Differences
included:

-5 speed transmission.  (4 speed was standard on "plain"
Sciroccos through '80 or '81)
-Zender front spoiler.
-All chrome trim "blacked" out.
-Red striping on bumper and rubber side strip.
-Highly bolstered front seats, with a unique cloth pattern.
(more on this shortly)
-Blacked out dash trim instead of woodgrain
-Front and rear badges in red instead of silver / chrome.

The '80 S was available in Mars Red, (Alpine?) White, and
Black.  The White and Black cars had a *red* interior -
side-panels and carpet were red, the seats were two-tone
red.  The Mars Red cars had black carpet, side panels, and
black & grey seats.  Seats had a horizontal stripe pattern.
 (I'm looking for a set in red btw!)

The '81 S was available in Mars Red, Cirrus Grey, or Cosmos
Silver.  Carpet and side panels were black for all models.
Seats had a vertical stripe pattern; Cirrus Grey and Cosmos
Silver cars had red striping on the seats, Mars Red cars
had grey striping.

Any questions?  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"Money doesn't buy you any friends, but it will get you a better class of enemy."