Re: Attn: Motronic swappers

>Got to looking at the wiring diagram last night for CISE to CISMotronic and
>found that the motronic system has a power-up wire that runs to the fuel
>pump relay.  Is this just for the fuel shut-off at redline or is this a
>necessity.  I figure that if it is to shut the pump off at redline then it
>seems you can just continue using the original relay system and leave the
>wire disconnected.  TIA!!
>
>Dave

I think one of the points of going to the Motronic engine management would
be to chip it, and any decent chip is not going to cut-out any time soon.

The GIAC chip in my Motronic system has a 7900 rpm redline.  Seems like
enough.  Just follow the general guide lines for converting CIS-E to
Motronic found on scirocco.org, and you'll be alright.  I do have to
update the site with some new findings though, and that is that the
system acts a bit better with the Motronic fuel pressure regulator vs
the CIS-E one...and this is not mentioned on the conversion page.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net