Re: 82 jetta radiator in a 84 scirocco

> "Fry, Larry" wrote:

<snipped part one>

> I stand by my original statement:  An engine cannot run cooler (except
> at initial start-up) than it's TS rating. Hotter, but not cooler.
> That's why you'll pay $$ for an oil cooler with a TS, without the TS
> you can overcool the oil.  With it, you cannot.
>
> enjoy the ride
> Larry
> sandiego16V

Part one- Coolant Hot? Open Thermo. Damn! That Rad has some COOOOOLD
coolant in it, better close down. Cycle, cycle, spike, spike spike. (It
is possible to combine an unfortunately mismatched set of components.
It's possible to over cool a motor.)

Part Two - Yep, thermostatically controlled oil cooler is the way to go.

Luv you anyway,
TBerk