tool question

Tool in question is inner tie rod tool which allows you to remove the inner tie rod without removing the power steering rack.  The tool is from JC Whitney,
http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=19785

It says it fits 1-3/16" and 1-5/16" nuts.  I called to see if they have a metric version.  The representative couldn't find one.  Will the non-metric one work on my scirocco 16v?

I could always buy it and return it if it doesn't work, but I am hoping someone here already has the answer.

My scirocco thanks you,

Victor