Is my engine runing too cool? [long]

Sorry for the re-post but I wanted to create a new subject.

As posted earlier, this is the setup I have in Mars (1981 Scirocco S) 1847cc
8V, ~9.7:1 comp. CIS-Lambda with the standard bolt-ons.

Later Cabriolet radiator with overflow bottle. (mounted next to windshield
washer bottle)
GTI metal coolant pipe (around front/drivers side of engine)
No AC but the heater box is still the AC version.
Mocal Oil cooler in front of radiator
STOCK thermostat and fan switch (switched back to stock because it is
running so cold)
Stock 81 Sciroco fan and shroud
~60/40 - H2O/Coolant
Now running 5W30 Mobil 1 (to increase engine temps and reduce drag),
switching back to 10W30.
Air/Fuel mixture set per Bentley (dwell meter on test plug at ~48)

Oil temp rarely over 180*F VDO console gauge.
(once it went to 220* at an AutoX but has never done so since-oil starvation
possibly)
Where is the sender for the stock console mounted oil temp gauge, side of
head or oil filter flange?
Water temp rarely out of bottom white box (gauge in the tach)

This is on a 2yr old "new" motor with only about 20K on it now.

Is this normal?  Bad?

My 16V Jetta normally runs between 211-220*F on the MFA gauge, seems this is
normal.
On my other 1981 Scirocco, totally stock 1.7L 68K mi., water temp runs a
little over half  (gauge in the tach).

Am I running this motor too cool?

Advice?

Thanks,