Re: 82 jetta radiator in a 84 scirocco

Your talking about the small hose from the top of the reserve bottole
right?

If so, I have a solution, on VW Wanagons with the wasserboxer motor, they
used a radiator cap with that extra fitting buildt right into the cap! So
go and buy one, it will work on your radiator.

Eric

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, derrick flo wrote:

> I recently brought a radiator from a 82 jetta and the radiator has no
> fittings or holes for the reserve tank for the scirocco, but it does have
> a cap on the radiator to fill it.  Can i plug the hose that runs from the
> reserve tank into the radiator because the radiator has no fittings and
> the line the goes from the reserve tank to the block is in tack  Will it
> work or will i just blow the motor.

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox