Re: Upgrading to Rear Disc Brakes

Lee,

OK...
 Donor cars:
Any Scirocco
Any A2 Jetta
Any A2 GTi or Golf
(obviously any of these models which have rear disks)

Things to get:
Discs
Calipers
Carriers (the calipers mount to these)
Spindle
Dust cover
Bolts
Flexible brake lines
E-brake cables
20 or 22 mm master cylinder
two inline proportioning valves ( usually not used on the Golf's and
Jetta's)
Pedal assembly
Brake light switch that attaches to the pedal assembly

If you can figure out how to get all of that off the car, you can easily
figure out how to put it all back on to your car. Everything fits and will
bolt right in. Check your master cylinder and pedal assembly first to see if
you're already equipped properly there. If you're going to use used discs,
have them re-surfaced and buy new pads to go with. Some line bending will be
required either in the engine compartment or the rear or both.

HTH -- Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-2001 Sport Compact Car)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby)
2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)
Northern California, USA