Re: Strut bearings...toast? (Macon, GA SUCKS!)

Guys,
         You'll probably remember a similar incident with me 2 years
ago.  I hit a ditch that PennDOT had dug across the road to replace a gas
pipe and then filled it on Thursday with gravel.  This was Sunday and
needless to say, the gravel had sunk.

         No bent rims thank God (TSWs are heavy as hell, but the 15"s hold
up) but two blown shocks, cracked strut bearings, and a broken windshield
was the result.  I called PennDOT and reported it, they sent me forms.  I
sent the forms in with 2 estimates for $1200 (list prices, dontcha know)
and pictures.  They sent an adjuster out who looked at the car.  Long story
short I got $500 out of them.  Not enough to cover the damage completely,
but close enough.

         Neal, get on them.  The problem that you'll encounter is that most
cars wouldn't have a problem on 2" expansion joint, so you'll need to
explain that from the factory, these cars have less than 2" of suspension
travel.  Don't expressly say that your car has been dropped at all.  Call
the Georgia DOT and they'll lead you in the right direction on how to get
some money back from them.  Your car insurance company may also be able to
help.

         Good luck and sorry to hear of your misfortune. :(

Oh -- and by the way, my unqualified guess is that it's just your strut
bearings.

Jason