Timing point on fly wheel. (again...)

Ok...
I still don't fully understand a few things...
Look at the (really bad) drawing.
Engine off.. the upper cam is set with the diamond set in to the fly wheel.
This is TDC, marking the highest point of rise on Cyl #1.
What position are the intake/exhaust values in? (what are they about to do?)

Engine on.. Attach timing light to Cyl#1. Shine on fly wheel. By adjusting
the position of the dist. The marks move forward and back.

OK... This is it. What mark on the fly wheel do I set the dist position for?

_______
       |  (trans axle attach/detach position)
_______

<=> 0 degrees   (Set timing belt & dist)

_______
       |  *** Set timing light to this point? ***
_______

Julie Macfarlane (Blond... Need I say more?)
(Web Developer/Project Manager)
Albany NY
'81 8v-FF (FronkenMom)
'81 16v-2A (FronkenDad)