Re: knocking noise

>I reckon I'd be getting me a stethoscope of some sort...the big ol'
>screwdriver works...and listening all around before disassembling
>anything.  At least this'll let you narrow it down...top end, bottom
>end, clutch/flywheel, etc.

yeah, the only thing is that i can't do it because it'll
only make the sound while i'm driving.

>Also, need more info...does the noise occur when revving?  All the time
>at 3000rpm?  When dropping rpm down through 3000?  Under load?  What's
>your oil temp?  Oil pressure; during knock and not during knock?

it only does it when i'm revving through the gears, if i let off the gas and
let the RPM's drop, it won't do it. it seems to only be doing it around
the 3000 RPM range, at least, that's when i can only hear it. oil temp and
pressure readings seem to be normal.

it's killin me.
i'm scared to nail it. help me!
:)