Vacuum tubes, er... Vacuum lines and other heater woes

All of you were very correct as my heater valve was stuck/frozen in the open
position. I'll get that fixed in the next couple months.  For the mean time
I closed off the hose on the firewall side of the heater valve with a hose
clamp and the heat continues to pour in.

i stuffed the vents under the windshield to prevent hot air from blowing in
there.  Next I looked for other holes that may be allowing hot air from the
engine compartment to get in the cabin and alas I quickly reminded myself to
put the cigarette lighter back in.  I'm still getting a crap-ton of air in
from the small (4 section)vents that are above the adjustable vents on the
outside of the dash next to the doors.  I'm going to plug those and see
where that leaves me.

So, what else should I look at other than the obvious heater valve issue???

thanks all

Chuck

'99 B5, APR tuned
84 1/2 MkII WE