Re: Strange idle / no rev

If the car hasn't been run for a while, could be sticking fuel metering pin
or some other restriction in the system. It would be worthwhile bridging the
fuel pump relay, pulling an injector, pulling the intake boot off the top of
air/fuel meter and seeing what you get out of the injector when you manually
lift the plate. It could also be that the plate itself is sticking. Again
easy to check. Note that if it is the metering pin at fault, you can't swap
the pin out of another unit. Some injector cleaner or carb cleaner might
free it off, or even just brute force - can't remember offhand how
accessible the bottom of the pin is from the underside of the AFM.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8