Re: 4k transmission...

I seem to remember my old '91 16v GTI revving at 4000
rpm at 80 mph in 5th gear with the stock tranny.  IMO
the 4k tranny would've been a little much for freeway
driving, 4000 rpm at 80 was plenty high strung...

When I dropped in the G60 motor I actually installed
taller 3rd 4th and 5th gears as I didn't need to rev
that high anymore, the power band was substantially
flatter with the G60 motor.

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte