Re: 4k transmission...

I counted the teeth on my 4K ring and pinion (and by the way, I am the
original owner) when I installed my Quaiffe the last time this issue was
raging and it is indeed a 3.94. Now there are other people that are
adamant that the fd is 3.89, so maybe VW put in whatever they felt like
at the time.
Apparently VW only sells the ring gear and pinion shaft as a set so
there wouldn't be any big downside to this possibility.
Dan