still radio problems (can't read radio-speak)

  i think my problem might be something more than just entering the
code. it doesn't seem to me like the unit is getting power. my
heidelberg v's and the current radio worked fine with the wiring, but
this one seems different. if i could find some soul to decipher these
codes, i might be able to make some headway. these are from the stickers
on the radios describing what each wire in the connectors goes to. the
one of the left is most of the old radios (give or take - the work the
same). my new one is on the right. i think the problem might be the ALM,
but i'm not even sure what this would be.

     old radio			new radio

  -- | * | + |  --	     -- | * | S |
 ----|---|---|-----	    ----|---|---|----
   + | ¥ | < |		      + | ¥ | @ | ALM

  the ¥ is a symbol that looks like a Y, except the middle line goes all
the way to the top of the figure, instead of stopping at the point
  the * is a sun-like looking symbol. a circle with eight lines coming
out of it
  the < looks to be a diagram for a switch. -ó o-  where the first o has
a line coming off it
  the @ looks to be a speaker power line. the symbol looks like a
speaker with a + beside it
  the ALM is a toss up. that's the way it is on the radio and after
plugging it all in, i'm stuck.

  any ideas would be helpful. i have access to the passat, but would
rather do less to it than more. thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com