Re: Treffen (my experience)

--- Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:

There must have been about a
> dozen
> or more sport bikes that merged onto 65 right behind
> us...then
> they flew by, with a few of them doing a wheelie right
> beside us!

Actually we were on I-294 at that point.  Man you were
asleep weren't you!  ;p

> CVO put together some special awards for the A1's this
> year.  And
> our very own Daun Yeagley came home with one!  (I'll have
> to let
> him tell about this one...)

*sighs*

Yes, I made the mistake of telling Paul Grimes about my
ignition problem.  Turns out *he* was judging for the
VWVortex A1 awards...    so I got voted "least likely to
make it home."  We really were wondering if it was true the
next morning when it took a good hour of futzing with the
car to get it to start.  Ahh the joys of driving someone
elses botch-work.

> And best of all, my '81 averaged over 37mpg on the trip!!
>  I still
> can't believe that I'm going to sell it...

Ben Ben Ben...    DON'T sell your '81.  How many times do I
have to tell you that???

Though I'm sure Mr. Jarrett is willing to give it a nice
home if you *must* be rid of it.  :p

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
7 VWs & counting.
"I do have a cause though...  it is obscenity.  I'm for it" - Tom Lehrer.