Treffen (my experience)

Well, yet another VW show has come and gone...
  I get home from work on Friday and meet up with Daun and Matt
and we finally get on the road to Chicago around 6ish...Daun was
driving his '80 (which wasn't exactly running at its best) and I
drove my '81...we avoided most traffic until we face the wonderful
Chicago construction and get into the toll sections of 65.
Gotta love Chicago!
  The trip was mostly uneventful up until this part of the trip...
then as Daun and I are going past an on-ramp we are suddenly
surrounded by motorcycles!  There must have been about a dozen
or more sport bikes that merged onto 65 right behind us...then
they flew by, with a few of them doing a wheelie right beside us!
I sure woke up!  And within a few seconds they were gone...long
gone...
  We finally pull into the hotel and meet up with Eric Pearson and
Ellen.  We just relaxed, ordered a real Chicago pizza, and called
it a day...
  Saturday we meet up with Mike and Kristen and head over to the
show site... the show was nice and relaxed compared to WF.  It was
nice.  The A1 croud was out in full force with somewhere around
12 rocco's and then some GTI's, a few trucks, and some nice cabby's.
The day was hot, but really nice...
CVO put together some special awards for the A1's this year.  And
our very own Daun Yeagley came home with one!  (I'll have to let
him tell about this one...)
  Overall, the show went well...we all made it home eventually,
so I'd have to say that it was another great time...
And best of all, my '81 averaged over 37mpg on the trip!!  I still
can't believe that I'm going to sell it...

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
81 Scirocco S 1.8 8v