Re: First AutoX completed! woohooooo

> Learned that HP is not what wins Autox's, it's smoothness, knowing when
> to downshift, when not to upshift, when to use a lighter foot on the
> throttle, that heavy scrubbing slooows the car, and that Dunlop D40M2's
> are OK for a daily driver but not so good on the autox course!

Drive slower to go faster is the hardest thing to learn.  It also took
me a long time to realize that downshifting to first is 99% a waste of
time.  Looking ahead is 95% of the battle to achieving faster times.
Try to walk alone when walking the course, but most of the time it's
hard to do that.  It seems like there is always someone wanting to walk
the course with you.

> Anyhow,
> whupped on a Audi a4 Quattro w/ 1.8T, a '90-ish RX7 Turbo, and at least
> one Miata...several more, results aint posted yet!

It's frustrating to watch people drive fast cars slow.  Before I left
Utah, there was a guy running a 94 Viper at a few events.  He somehow
managed to get the slowest times of almost everyone.

Mike