Re: considering new changes to engine...

The easiest way to fast power for your car is to force air through it. Why? It has 8:5:1 compression, and with 10lbs of boost would be an extremely impressive machine. Of course you'd need an aftermarket FI, which isn't a big deal with an 8v motor. Use a digifant fuel rail with injectors, or turbocharge the low compression version of the RD motor with hydro lifters, you can get one out of a digifant car. Carbs, headers and all of that seems silly when some air & EFI would make it fast & purr like a kitten :) If you you want  more power quick, bolt on a T3 turbo & manifold with a wastegate running 6-7lbs of boost. Get an Audi 5k FPR that is vacuum sensitive so it enriches the mixture some more under boost. That would be simple, and I bet your 8v mk2 would be a complete screamer when wide open, yet a quick torquey smooth motor when not opened.
	-Gary Huff