Re: tire reccommendation anyone

Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to not have a harsh ride putting
16s on our older VWs, or anything Mk3 and older for that matter.  I had
225/40/16s on a 95 GTI VR6 and it was still rough with Dunlop SP8000s
and then Yokohama A520.  It's just too harsh and flat tires are too
frequent.  Anyway, you could try the new Kumho Ecsta 712.  Someone
mentioned BFG Euro T/A.  I had them in 215/40/16 on a 97 Jetta VR6
(stock suspension).  They last long, but I don't recommend them if you
like to drive fast around corners.

Mike