Re: Sorta rocco more Vr6 though rev limit.

> the engine is compared to the rocco.  Anyways my question is am i doing
any
> damage to the engine when i hit the rev limiter, also my main concern is

The whole point of the rev limiter is to prevent damage to the engine by
revving it too high.  I wouldn't recommend bouncing of the rev limiter on a
regular basis, but there *shouldn't* be any harm in it.  I recommend
installing a TT exhaust to help you hear your VR6.  :)  Another option is to
get a Garrett chip, which will raise the rev limit a tad.

> being i have a rev limiter is it sorta impossible to do any damage to the
> engine by overreving.  OK thanks and ciao.

Even with the rev limiter, it is possible to over-rev your engine.  In the
case of a missed shift (accidentally hitting 2nd at 95mph or such), the rev
limiter can't stop the over-rev since it's caused by mechanical means.

Enjoy your VR6!

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition (still trannyless)
'95 GTI VR6
http://members.home.net/mikes.vws