MKI should I buy it?

OK,
  I've been working on my 8v MKII for about 6 months.  It's getting
better all the time.  Here's the problem.  I got a line on a MKI last
night that I can get for $150.  It's Orange (I think that's mars red).
My very first scirocco was this color so I REALLY want to buy it, but
the price gives some insight to the condition.  I could only see the
passenger side and there is some rust at the bottom front corner of the
door and there is a hole in the top of the passangerside front fender.
I think it is a 81.  The engine has carbs :(.  The car has not been
wrecked, but the rust is a worry.  What do you think?

Kervin

86 8v