Re: Car cooked!!! HELP!!! long!!!

Tobias, Duuuuude, tell me you didn't put Ice cold water into a non-running
hot engine and then start it up!!!!!!!!!
Even if it's been sitting for 10 min you risk cracking the head or other
*major* problems.
Remember what happens when you take a hot glass out of the dishwasher and
fill it up with cold water......hopefully I'm not the only one who has done
this :D

My guess is that your radiator fan didn't come on while you were in traffic
(short, bad connection, etc..) and when you were topping off your coolant it
mysteriously started working again.

Check all the connections that are related to this.
Clean em, etc.. and you will probably keep this from happening in the
future.

Don't forget that when you are overheating you can also:
1. Turn the heater on full blast to use the heater core as an extra radiator
(assuming you have coolant in the engine)
2. Put the heater controls on Defrost (will turn on the radiator fan for
most cars).
3. Turn on the Air conditioning (also will turn on the radiator fan for most
cars).

HTH.

Randy
PS Always add water/coolant to a running motor when hot, or wait till cold
(couple hours) and add.