Re: My 'new' 88 Scirocco, abused and missused (long)

I would start by cleaning out the idle stabilzer and its hoses. Then clean
out the rest of the intake tract starting with the fuel distributor top and
bottom inside, rubber boot,throttle body and intake runners. You can use
nearly a whole can depending on how bad it is. Put it all together and start
it up but make sure you are outside cause there will be lots of smoke. It
wouldnt hurt to clean all engine related electrical connections too
especially the grounds.
I would do the injector O rings too its easy and only a couple of bucks and
if you are handy you can replace the O2 sensor with a Ford one by mating the
wires and its hell of a lot cheaper at 44 bucks.

jasin