Re: Speaking of buying 'roccos. WAS: Re: 3 Sciroccos for sale in "The Washington Times"

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Mash <type53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Chuck Miller <catmill4@osdsun1.nrl.navy.mil>
> > wrote:
> > Rocs for sale in the classified section of the
> > > Washington Times.
> > >
> > > Most interesting listing.
> > >
> > > VW 85 Scirocco Wolfsburg
> > > 2 dr H/B, 5 spd, stereo, runs
> > > good! $497, 301/221-3005
> > >
> > > laterz...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > I bought it . . .
>
> Isn't that the newest Scirocco you've owned Mark?
> :)

By far!

And it's got all this power crap (new to me) ps/pw/pm
- no wonder it's a slug . . .

> Someone *gave* me an '84 yesterday.

nice price . . .

  It was either
> that or
> it was going to the junkyard.  No fuel pump but
> otherwise
> looks to be complete and pretty straight.  (One dent
> in the
> p-side fender but not tooo major)
>
> Just what I need, something ELSE to work on.  LOL

like I need another project. hopefully not to much to
get it thru inspection. The power windows don't work,
there's a leak around the fuel pump, needs new front
struts, need a rear bumper and driver side ts,
hopefully not too much else. I'll do a more thorough
exam this weekend.

the '85 is 4 me to drive until I get the Golf probs
sorted out and until I get the RD into the '82.

after I get the other cars running right I'll probably
unload it . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
FREE: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)