4k install (the short overview)

A great big public "thanks" is in order, directed at
"Cheapass" Ron Pieper and Ben Harder.

Ron had invited me to his place for Friday / Saturday to do
some tranny swapping.  Let me tell you, he's got a *nice*
shop setup, which is of course at least semi-supplied via
the cheapass method.  (gotta love when work is throwing out
good stuff - love that parts cleaner!)

By the time pizza arrived around 9:00 PM, the three of us
had my old 2y out of the car.  Within a couple more hours,
the new clutch & rear main seal were installed, and all
hardware etc had been cleaned.

Got up this morning (Ugh, 8:00 AM is just a litte early to
be in the garage) and finished installing the 4K.  After a
fairly successful test drive (remember to tighten ALL
hardware, especially that that holds the shift linkage to
the tranny!) I decided that all the effort & $$$ spent was
well worth it.  (Really likin' that .80 5th!)  Damn it was
nice to drive my 16v again...

Afterwards, we wheeled Victor the Famous Cheap Scirocco
into the garage / shop and removed his transmission in
preparation for a similar swap.  Ron's transmission isn't
yet ready for install, so that's where we left off for the
day.

Anyway, thought I'd share my happiness, sorry for the
rambling!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian