[elec] heidelberg v radios & dead speakers

i had to replace my heidelberg v radio in my '85 scirocco today. seems
that the right rear speaker wasn't getting any input. i thought it was
the speaker itself, but it checked out fine as did the wiring. i
rigged up a speaker to check the outputs on the back of the radio.
alas, i found the output to be bad. the left rear and both fronts
checked out fine, though. i tried my other heidelberg v radio, but
both rear outputs were bad (no signal). i know there are some "things"
(can't think of the name now) on the back that can be turned (with
labels like 'osc1' and 'osc2'), but i don't know if those would help.
any ideas?
  oh, and to beat all, the one radio i did get to work (not sure which
model, but it has the newer style antenna connector), the cassette
player work and so does am, however i don't get fm reception at all.
ideas on this? thanx.