Re: clutch, steering rack issues

Brian wrote:

> Sounds to me like your clutch cable is out of adjustment.  Have you checked
> that?  If it's the automatic adjusting cable replace it.  If it's manual,
> adjust it.  Just making sure you checked that.

Not a self-adjuster, and not out of adjustment.. definitely not the cable,
everyone's in agreement that's messed with it.

> As for the "hanging on the splines" thing, that sounds kinda improbable to
> me.

I think the theory of oil on the clutch is a likely possibility.. I do have
a leak someplace at the back of the motor, and it's not the head or valve
cover gaskets..

> As for a problem in the tranny...

Pretty sure it's not there (hoping).  Tranny has been rebuilt with a bolt
kit in the past and is generally in excellent shape (perfect syncros etc).
Hopefully that ain't it!

I'll know more Monday morning, the tranny was dropped today but I was tied
up and didn't get a chance to call the shop back before they closed.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA