Re: clutch, steering rack issues

>From: "Vee Dubb" <scirious@hotmail.com>

>Keep in mind that most of the clutch pedal feel is due to the spring on the
>clutch pedal itself, and not due to the clutch.  And make sure >that cable
>is replaced or adjusted before anything else.

Checking the clutch cable is a good idea, but I don't see why you say that
most of the pedal feel is from the clutch pedal. The springs on the pedal
ass'y and the clutch release lever are weak compared to the giant spring
that squeezes the clutch to the flywheel (AKA pressure plate) The "play" you
feel as you press your clutch pedal in, is from the first set of springs
(you don't even feel them) and once you get resistance, that's 99.99%
pressure plate.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8