[mk1] brake light switch install

  I am looking into doing a 16v brake swap on my '80 rocco
including the brake booster and master cylinder...well, the
mk1 uses pressure switches on the MC to activate the brake
lights...but to use the 16v MC, I want to use a switch on
the brake pedal similar to that on the mk2 scirocco.  I have
also seen a slightly different switch on an early (~83) GTI.
  So, anyone know an easy way to use one of these switches
in a mk1?  Can I modify my mk1 pedal cluster to make a
switch fit, or will I need to swap the entire pedal cluster?

Thanks for the info!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v