Re: Tech: CV axle install problems. (fwd)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 VWMikeLVW@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/5/01 4:52:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu writes:
>
> > joint. cause i losened it up pounded the axle back through the hole a
> > little and viola(yes i know it is a string instument)... the wheel rolls
> > again. any suggestions.
> > .
>

> Yeah, did you have 90mm of 100mm cv's before? 100mm cv's won't fit in the
> 90mm knuckles.

Oh i forgot to mention I have both old cores sitting in front of me and
the outer diameter where it goes into the hub is ~62.5mm and the toothed
part of the CV measures like ~24+mm both cv's measure the same.

where is the dimention that people are getting 90mm (9cm) and 100mm
(10cm)..

That would help a little.