From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of David Liu
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 4:56 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [semi-ot] gf's new car?

ok folks-

this is semi-off-scirocco topic - my girlfriend is looking to get a cheap
car. we've pretty much concluded that under $2000US, automatic would do it.

of course i recommended the various vw's - cabby, gti, scirocco (she
probably won't go for it)..

we're also looking at toyota tercels, old honda accord hatchbacks, etc.. -
my take is that the vw's area  great bargain given the price/power/mileage
packages you see with vw's versus the tercels and such.

so, what's your take? if we go with a vw and want to spend less than $2000
with an auto, what do we go with??

thanks
dave