[tech] knock sensor CisE... high idle... bad mileage... etc...

Can a bad knock sensor have anything to do with my 16V
idling too high once it is warmed up?  I noticed
pinging under heavy load and looked at the sensor
which has a cracked cover(never been off the block)
and the wire is totally deteriorated.  I'm also down
to 24mpg.  I just can't seem to get this beotch
running perfect anymore and haven't figured out why.
The 02 sensor is fairly new as well as plugs, cap and
rotor.  I haven't noticed any vacuum leaks either
although I haven't hooked up a guage yet(need to make
a connector). Any help/recommendations appreciated.  I
need to make connectors to test mixture also.... can
somebody make a tech article on this puhleeeeeze? :-)

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - when will it be done?
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab FINALLY!!
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith