Re: swiss cheesing the air box

In a message dated 4/4/2001 9:11:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco8valve@yahoo.com writes:

<< what are the benifits and drawbacks of drilling holes
 in your air box >>

Benefit is it makes the car sound phat.

The drawback,  it allows all of the hot air around the engine compartment
into the engine. BAD.  If you live in an area where it is cold most of the
time it might not be that bad.  But if you live in a warm area like me (south
Florida)  you will kill performance of the engine.

I think some sort of ram air type setup would be more beneficial to getting
that extra 2hp your lookin for. Peace

Brian 86 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>