Re: wanted 81 rocco

Hey, I'm planning to drive "home" to the
east coast this summer in my mostly rust-free silver
'81 S...Sorry though, it's a 'keeper' and not for sale, but for a day or
so there will be one in your neighbourhoud ;-)
I know how  rare they are out there..I was looking for one from the day
I turned 17 in 1990 to 1996 and couldn't find a single one in Newfoundland
when I lived there. So I ended up buying I one of only 4 Mk2 16v's that
were  ever registered in the province. Good luck. You may have to travel
to the more Scirocco friendly havens down south like others have done
and drive one back (www.traderonline.com). It's worth it...keep an eye on
trader.ca for Canadian ones. They sometimes come up once in a blue moon,
usually around the Toronto area. I found my Mk1 in the Quebec classifieds
in 1999 and went to look at it with the help of Nigel Heron. It
wasn't as nice as a mint '78 I had run into in 1994 in Kitchener (which
had 36,000 km and the original Tires!) but I didn't have the CA$5k at the
time so I let that one slide. Good luck finding your share of Giugaro's
handiwork.

Kareem
1981 Scirocco S
1988 Scirocco 16v