Re: new carpet for MKI's??

At 10:04 PM -0400 4/3/01, Tony Pelletier wrote:
>>Hi Everyone,
>>
>>I am still messing with the MKI.  I was wondering if
>>anyone had any luck with getting new carpet for the
>>MKI Sciroccos.  Has anyone use the TMI stuff.

I got a TMI kit from Potterman for my convertible.  I was a bit
disappointed; where the carpet I pulled out was two form fitting
pieces, all the holes cut, the TMI was 5.  There was no hole cut for
the shifter or e-brake, and it was kind of dodgy in its fit around
the seat rails.

The 2 stock pieces were essentially front and back; the 5 were front
wheel wells, rear "ledge" (under rear seat to floor), driver's rear
seat, passenger's rear seat, and a "bone" shaped piece that filled in
the gap behind the e-brake.

I had to work at it quite a bit to get it to tuck into the footwells
without leaving big wrinkles.  Had I known, I may have tried cleaning
up my old carpeting....it wasn't SO bad.

I would also suggest using a 3M spray adhesive to get it to stick.
It looks like snot when it comes out of the can, but it does a pretty
good job.

I'll have to see if I can find the number

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |