Re: Can't take it off

>In the middle of removing the tranny from my '88 scirocco to change
>the clutch.  I've removed all of the bolts/brackets. cables etc...
>and at this point I thought I'd be able to just slide the thing away
>from the engine and lower it.  No such luck.  I can get to to move
>away about .25 inch, but then is stops.  I'm trying to move every
>different way to get some movement, but no luck.  it's quite loose
>but I can't take off.
>
>Any good methods out there that can help me get this thing off?
>currently engine and tranny are supported but I hate to leave it
>that way for too long.
>
>Help!
>
>David Zanotti

Are you absolutely sure you got all the bolts?  There's one that's a bit
hidden above the passenger side drive flange.  It's a small 11mm bolt
that holds the bell housing shield in place.  The engine does not have
to be at TDC in your case, and after all the bolts are removed, I
can assure you that it does in fact slide out and fall on you (given
enough clearance). :)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net