Re: Coilovers?...

>  I am thinking about suspension options for my mk2 16v.  Currently, I am
>running Neuspeed sport springs and Koni Sports (adjustable).  The setup is
>great for daily driving, but I am looking to set the car up for track
>use and further auto-x use.
>  I have thought about upgrading to the Neuspeed race springs to firm the
>suspension.  My other thought involves more $$ but I think a better end
>result...coilovers.

I'm probably going to do this myself also.  While I was mowing the lawn
today, I think I decided to buy a set of complete H&R coilovers for
the 16v street car, and move the Konis to the racecar with the GC coilovers
& Eibach springs.

> Since I already have the Koni shocks I think that
>I can just purchase the threaded bodies and springs, right?

Yes.  It's about $300 I think for the four springs and all the perches.
You'll keep the Konis.  Some cutting and welding is required though,
as the stock front spring perch is cut away and the threaded collar
is welded on to the strut tube.  Not to sure on the rear particulars,
maybe the threaded collar sits on the same retaining ring as the stock
lower spring perch...?  Anyway else know about that?

> Didn't
>someone mention doing this?
>  With the coilovers I would have to go with a set of linear rate
>springs... what is a good combination for springs rates (front/back) for
>auto-x vs. track?

Well, for racing I have a set of Eibach 350lb rears and 325lb fronts.
For the street, I'd imagine something more like 275r, 250fr.  Anyone
else have any input on what works for them on the street?

>I'm just looking for feedback on all opinions of the different setups...

>Benjamin Harder

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net