Coilovers?...

  I am thinking about suspension options for my mk2 16v.  Currently, I am
running Neuspeed sport springs and Koni Sports (adjustable).  The setup is
great for daily driving, but I am looking to set the car up for track
use and further auto-x use.
  I have thought about upgrading to the Neuspeed race springs to firm the
suspension.  My other thought involves more $$ but I think a better end
result...coilovers.  Since I already have the Koni shocks I think that
I can just purchase the threaded bodies and springs, right?  Didn't
someone mention doing this?
  With the coilovers I would have to go with a set of linear rate
springs... what is a good combination for springs rates (front/back) for
auto-x vs. track?

I'm just looking for feedback on all opinions of the different setups...

TIA!

=====