Exxon Valdez, or Has This Ever Happened To You?

Ok, so I thought I'd just do a simple oil change on my '84 Wolfsburg Tuesday.

Ha.

I *thought* the oil filter hit snug a little soon, and was right.
Turned the key over and oil came gushing out all over.  I beat myself
up pretty bad as I went to get kitty litter to contain this small
toxic waste spill.

When I rolled the car to a less oily part of the driveway to see wtf,
I discovered that in loosening up the old oil filter, I had also
loosened up the pipe running thru the oil cooler. Oil was spewing out
from there, not from a loose oil filter.

So:  Has anyone else ever done this?

I got it all back together, but that was weird.  And of course, had
to happen to me.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |