Power Locks

I don't recall where I saw this thread before but....

I remember reading about installing the power locks into a non-power lock
VW.  I believe that the locks I have in my car are Auto loc or something to
that effect.  I have no idea as they were installed by a PO.  My question
is.... do I merely hook one wire to the ground and the other to the constant
pos?  I remember reading that they needed to be relayed or something to that
effect.  TIA

Sal