From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of humpnyomom
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 10:33 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Hard Staring in Cold Weather

Lately I've been having trouble starting my 16v in cool weather. If the
tempurature outside is above about 60 degrees or the car hasn't been sitting
long in cool weather it will fire right up. But, if the temp. outside is
below 60 and the car has been sitting for a while (overnight) I have to
crank it for about 2-3 minutes before the car will start. 2-3 minutes is a
long time to crank on a car before it will start. What can my problem be? I
tested the cold start valve, like the Bentley says, and it is working fine.
I fear that one day my car won't start! Any ideas about what is happening?
It idles crappy too. Could these problems have something to do with each
other? TIA

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L