RE: alarm questions

You're making me wish that I had taken more notes and pictures when I did
mine! I can't remember off-hand all the answers to your questions, but I
will say that the Bentley wiring diagrams DO answer all your wiring
questions, but they are very difficult to decipher. Plan on spending some
time getting used to the wierd way they work...it will pay off in the end
(and on future projects!). If you get COMPLETELY stuck, I can do some
digging to refresh my memory.

The door solenoid was surprisingly one of the easiest things to do, because
it didn't involve finding and splicing factory wires. The solenoid fit very
nicely on the inside of the door very close to the lock. I'm not 100% sure
of my memory, but I believe mounted it vertically below and to the right of
the latch, out of the way of the window track. I just screwed it to the
inside metal skin of the door. There was one spot where it just seemed to
fit perfectly. I bent the rod for the solenoid into an "S" to the left, and
tied it onto the rod from the pullknob. The wires went below the window, up
the front of the door, through the rubber tube to the fender behind the
relay panel.

My alarm was the first I've ever installed, and I may never do it again. It
took me several evenings to get it all together properly. I'm proud of the
result, but MAN is that wiring a PITA!

Neal