Starters

Well, I finally heard my car run today.  Albeit it lasted for about 3
seconds, I was merely content to here this thing start.  I gots two problems
that are not allowing me to keep the car runnin'.  First, it's running
sooooo rich that it's being flooded.  Second (relating to the subject line),
the motor is not turning over quick enough.  The starter was just rebuilt.
I have a 16V motor with an 8V tranny and thus a 8V starter.  Can it be that
the 8V starter is not turning the motor fast enough?  I've always heard
about using a turbo diesel starter since it turns over the motor a lot
quicker.  I'm looking into getting a turbo diesel starter but I'm totally
certain.  Someone educate me on this matter. Thanks.

Sal