Re: twisting the knife (was: Re: rocs in the fog 2000!)

--- Jim Jarrett <jarrett@kodak.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:20:58 -0700 (PDT) Daun Yeagley
> <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote
>
> >Ok...   now twist the knife COUNTER-clockwise.  Sheesh.
> >
> >All three of my Sciroccos run and drive.  Who knows what
> >I'll have at the time Cincy rolls around.  :)
> >

> Define "run."  Define "drive."
>
> Hm.  Last time I was there, I seem to remember a certain
> '80 S that
> moved about an inch.

Unstuck the brakes, drove it.  Granted it's got a miss that
I have been unsuccessful at finding the cause of - would
like to tackle that this weekend.  I've hardly driven it
since Waterfest because of it.

  Aren't pieces of the '85 in the
> '80, or was it
> Meredith's car?

Ummm???  So the under-dash cover of the '85 is layin' in
the back seat...   it's been there for a couple months.  I
drive it almost every day.  You're thinkin' the grille to
Meredith's winter car...

  And who's been whining about cold start
> issues in a
> certain '88 Scala? Hm? Hm?

Cleaned the idle stabilizer and she's purred like a kitten
since.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.