Re: Is it worth it?

mike wrote:

> More info on 1990 Passat.
>
> 4 door, drk blue,
> sat for 1 year-
> drives up to 30 MPH   and transmission likes to switch gears
> automatically.
>
> car has 100K miles-   new engine has maybe 1000 miles.
>
> door handles do not work
>
> cab light popped out
>
> shifter handle w/ button needs to be replaced
>
> has power everything-  option wise.
>
> Is it worth 1,050.00 -1,150.00?  after shipping?
>
> I may pass on this one if anyone is interested.
>
> Mike

Yes, it's worth it, if just for parts.

The trans sounds Auto, right? Might just need some new fluid, might be
toast (two extremes). The engine management might just be throwing it
off though. (Vacuum leak?)

All fluids need to be changed. What happens after you drive it 30 miles?

Get a trustworthy Mech. to check it out independently.

TBerk