Re: Throttle body upgrade

--- mike <rept@uswest.net> wrote:
> I heard (at one time) that a particular audi
> throttle body could easily
> adapt to 1.6 L engine.   anyone with experience
> here?
>
> Or other means to improve my power-  Im new to all
> this, and havnt a
> clue what im doing.  lol

Mike,

If your car has the original motor it is a 1.7
(1715cc).

Yes, the TB from an Audi 5000 can improve performance
nominally (only if you port match the intake to the
bigger TB). BTW, the Audi 5K TB is the same as the A2
CIS TB, which is the same as the Neu$peed TB. With the
A2 or Audi TB, you'll probably want to swap the
linkake from your old TB. If you use the A2 TB, you'll
want to swap the  idle screw from the old TB as well.

IMHO, The biggest quick kick you can give your car is
a better exhaust, followed by a cam.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)